Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow and Drafts

Where is that noreaster we have been promised? I guess it is slated to arrive tomorrow. I have to admit I wimped out and ran on the treadmill today instead of braving the cold. I did not go outside to run as I usually do on Saturdays. I need a large shaggy Siberian Husky to make me go out on a day like this or a crazy running partner who is undeterred by temperatures.

I'm reading 751 drafts, making comments, and enjoying all the work everyone produced this semester. It's great to see where everyone is taking the work of the course via individual projects.

Hey, Jon (Benda), send us part of your dissertation to read, and when you are you coming stateside so we can invite you to give a talk to the department? I will follow up on the reference you gave me about Chinese Rhetoric and the scholar you mentioned from Penn State.

Last but not least:

Everyone (well, maybe not everyone) is leaving town for the holidays, and while I'm often leaving town at this point, too, I have to admit some relief at not having to brave airport lines or train station delays. I won't be home for Christmas (well, home is actually here), and a part of me is relieved. Good luck to all vacating Syracuse for the holidays.

2 comments:

Jonathan Benda said...

Xiaoye You, the Penn State scholar I mentioned, has a website here, which very helpfully includes some of his publications.

As for some of my dissertation... hmmm... that reminds me...

susansinclair said...

Ah, but staying here means you can finally have me over for dinner! ;)