Saturday, January 15, 2005

Maiden voyage II

I picked the sunniest day of January to start a blog. Go figure. I should be out running, skiing, walking briskly through the streets....

What I hope for this blog-experience:
--that I will keep it up. I do write journals (old-fashioned leather bound variety), so maybe I can carry over into this venue.
--that I might use it as a space to reflect on "place." Since I taught a grad. course last summer on Writing a Sense of Place, I have been intrigued about trying to write/engage the concept of place through everyday experience. I hope to write some about Syracuse, about my passage between the eastcoast and the westcoast as a transplant to upstate New York from Washington state.
--that I can get some of the folks at the Nottingham to try their hands at blogs. They are curious about them.
--that I can read the blogs of my colleagues. They are always jawing about their blogs and urging me to visit them, well it's showtime now.

Well, off to the MOST....

No comments: