Monday, September 17, 2007

Blogging from Fargo/book launch

Greetings from Fargo. I am at Bobb's Coffee house, a Taste of Seattle in Fargo, North Dakota, which is emblazoned with a Space Needle logo. As a former Seattleite, I was quite pleased to discover this Seattle-like coffee place NOTE: NOT STARBUCKS!. I was surprised, but pleased to find this place beckoning me as a drove a rental mini-van through the streets of Fargo (more on that later--they gave away all the sedans, and I'm stuck with a MINI-VAN). This coffee place does look a little like a Seattle coffee place--tin ceilings, wood floors, exposed brick. Anyway, I'm here waiting for my co-author Charlotte Hogg to fly in so we can join our other co-author Kim Donehower at the University of North Dakota. We are going to be give a lecture and sign books tomorrow. Our book _Rural Literacies_ (Southern Illinois UP) was released this summer, and this is our official book launch. I thought it was fitting that I could smell the cut wheat fields when I landed.

Anyway, I'll blog more tonight from Grand Forks, ND, and I'll write about Biesecker's article. If anyone from 751 is out there, think about this question: WHAT IS AN ARCHIVE? Biesecker offers some answers. It will be interesting to compare her answers with DeCerteau's.

More later! I'll check out everyone's blogs tonight.

No comments: