Monday, November 26, 2007

Still out here blogging

It makes me happy to see that all of the graduate students who took my 601 course last fall are still out there blogging a year plus later. Granted, I'm asking some of these folks to blog in the course they are taking with me now, but still....the blogs have stuck or they have stuck due to force of habit. It has been interesting to see what blogs become when they are not course-focused. How they meander to other topics--or not. Right now, in 751, we are moving way from blogging readings to blogging projects or writing up notes for the projects. Some folks don't want to blog their notes and put their projects out there, and I can understand that. Interestingly, this semester I thought nothing of posting an unpublished paper that I gave at CCCC on Emma Willard and Catherine Beecher a few years ago. Should I have hesitated? I guess I didn't. If someone wants that paper, they can have it. I feel like I was scooped anyway when I read Lindal Buchanan and I thought she said it better than me.

Madeline Yonker is going to visit the Nottingham Senior Living Community where I teach to give a talk to my senior writers about blogging. We're looking forward to it. Some of the folks in their eighties and nineties are thinking about starting blogs...

Anyway, will blog more tomorrow about Lipson and Binkley's collection.

No comments: